Have you ever asked yourself...
- Is it possible to speak Portuguese before I visit Brazil?
- Is there a shortcut to learn Portuguese?
- How can I learn Portuguese as soon as possible?
If you've answered 'yes', you are at the right place. That's exactly how I've learned English...
And you can do the same with Portuguese!
Hello, I'm Charlles Nunes, and when I was 22 years old, I had to learn English on my own.
Even being a worker in Brazil, I needed to talk to foregners. As I didn't have money to take a language course, I had to make do as I could:
I bought 4 English K7 tapes, listen to the many times and read along the magazines. After some weeks, I was invited to a Thanksgiving dinner with more than 30 guests....
As it was a work event, I had to go. And for 4 long hours...
I was completely lost! =(
Imagine how frustrated I was for feeling like a foreigner in my own country. On our way home, one of my coworkers offered his help. I got excited, for his first language was English!
On the next morning, we got up at 5.30 and started reading aloud for an hour.
And so we did for 90 days.
He never gave me a lecture. Nor even taught me grammar. Neither asked me to memorize words. All we did was reading aloud in English.
In just three months, I noticed the following:
- I understood more and more the spoken English.
- I started expressing myself in a better way.
- I used the English language in my workplace.
This new horizon made me fall in love with languages so that I graduated in English and Portuguese. In 2001, I even wrote a book to tell the whole story.
Learning English opened to me the doors of opportunity more than once:
- I trained CEOs from companies like Westinghouse, Nestlè and CSN.
- I worked as a Coordinator in the PanAmerican Games Rio 2007.
- I was an interpreter in a Project at a Brazilian Power Plant (Angra 1).
And today I coordinate BLZ Languages in Angra dos Reis, Rio, Brazil: